Please be aware that this is an initial analysis and does not include any appeals or reviews which may take place. The results are as follows:
KS4 Performance Data
Please note that the 2022 exam results and progress data below do not include examinations taken in both 2020 and 2021.
- 70% achieved English and Maths at 9-4
- 82% achieved 9-4 in English
- 72% achieved 9-4 in Maths
- The Progress 8 score was -0.88
- The Attainment 8 score was 43.6
- EBacc APS was 3.94
- 45% of students entered the full range of EBACC subjects of which 28% achieved passes at Grade 4 or above in all subjects
- 98.6% of students leaving The Appleton School, were in full-time education, employment or an apprenticeship.
Historical Key Data
|5 A*-C or 9-4 including English and Maths||65%||75%||76%||63%||71%||73%||77%||69%||61%|
† Note 2018 onwards are based on 9-4 grading
KS5 Performance Data for 2022
- 99% of students achieved A*-E in A Level qualifications
- 35% achieved A*-A or equivalent
- 58.5% achieved A*-B or equivalent
- The average grade at A Level was C+
- The average grades in Vocational Programmes was Distinction+
- 99% of students went onto Higher Education, employment or a high-level apprenticeship; 51% of these went to University
- 92% Academic Retention rate, 100% Applied General Retention rate in Year 13 (the percentage of students who get to the end of their study programme)
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the government announced that it would not publish school performance tables for 2020 or 2021 and you should not make direct comparisons between the performance data for one school or college and another, or to data from previous years.
To view the school's latest performance tables from 2019 click here