Student Extracurriculuar and Wellbeing resources
The Appleton School Safeguarding team are here to support you. The following resources can also be used when working from home.
Updated 8th Feburary
Exercise and Physical Wellbeing
- The Appleton School Distance Challenge: As a school, we are attempting to walk and run from The Appleton School to the Olympic Stadium in Tokyo. Once you have completed a walk or run, submit the distance you have travelled using the link above.
- Yoga with Adriene
- 30 days of Yoga
- PE with Joe Wicks
Planning the Day
Having routines in place can help to relieve anxiety. Try using this checklist from the Education Endowment Foundation to help you structure your day:
Supporting home learning routines - Planning the day
- MFL: La Chandeleur is on the 2nd of February in France. We would like to challenge year 7and 8 to make pancakes and create a video/ picture diary showing them following the French recipe and making the pancakes. Please submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 19th February.
- Careers: Please find resources from Mrs Hilliker for National Apprenticeship week here:
- Post 16 options for Year 11: Use the Unifrog website to register your choices for Post-16.
- English: Our termly AR competitions are running as usual, and you can complete AR tests from home by using the link below:
Next week we will also be launching our World Book Day competition. In the meantime, you can find more resources and reading ideas by visiting the website:
- Design and Technology: There are many STEM engineering challenges that can be completed virtually. Please send photos or videos of your efforts to Ms Fairhurst. Use the links below to access these challenges, or email Ms Fairhurst for more information:
Dyson Challenge Cards Technology Student Challenges
- STEM: Please find attached the STEM challenge cards to help you to complete our extracurricular challenges.
- Extra Curricular Wellbeing: Please find below information on Extra Curricular Wellbeing.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Resources
- Calm - a free app to aid relaxation, meditation and sleep
- Headspace - a free app to promote mindfulness and reduce stress and anxiety
- Off the Grip - a free app that monitors your screen time
- Student Minds
- Kooth online mental wellbeing community
- The Mental Health Foundation
- All it takes is 10 minutes - a TED Talk
- How to Achieve Anything - a talk from Gareth Southgate and Sharky
- A list of NHS-approved apps to help you with your mental health and wellbeing
- A helpful video from the Anna Freud centre that explains we all have mental health
- The app Wysa offers a private reflective space. It is an online therapy chatbot and can be downloaded as an app on your phone. You can choose areas you are interested in and will be presented with suggested activities for positivity and wellness.
- Mental Health Wellbeing Advice
- Wellbeing Online Activities
- LGBT Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Presentation
- Wellbeing Beating Anxiety