Key Skills being assessed (tested).
- Knowledge and Understanding of Key Topics
- Sequence, Chronology (Time), Causes, Consequences and Progress
- Understanding, Evaluation and Interpretation of Evidence. Judging the Significance of Individuals, Events and Changes.
- What is History?
- The Norman Conquest
- Life in Medieval England
- King John & Magna Carta
- England 1500-1750: Political and Religious change
- The industrial Revolution.
- The Slave Trade
- Empire & Immigration
- World War One
- World War Two
- The Holocaust
Key Stage 4
The syllabus is Edexcel History, and is made up of three examinations focusing on four different areas of History. Exam Paper One focuses on Crime and Punishment from c1000 until the present day with a depth study on Whitechapel. Paper Two looks at Elizabethan England 1558-1588 as well as The American West c1835-c1885. The third paper looks at Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918-1939.
Examinations are for the full ability range (9-1), so there is no tier system (Foundation and Higher papers) as in some subjects. All of the papers are taken at the end of year 11 and the course is 100% assessed through examination.
If you have any queries regarding our Curriculum please contact Lesley Glover via email@example.com or by using the Enquiry Form on the "school" link in the Contact tab above.